There are many factors to consider when weighing the merits of one tournament site vs. another. We believe that one of those factors is transparency, and that’s why we require that players use real names when they sign up for an account and enter one of our tourneys.
The new PRO PICKS interface, now complete and fully live, is designed to provide an all-in-one view and functionality. Players may make picks and view automatically-updated leaderboards, all on the same interface page.
USING PRO PICKS:
The Pro Picks interface may be accessed for any entry through the blue graphic on the View/Make Picks summary page, similar to the Speed Picks interface:
1. Picks are made through the tabbed interface on the left. Race tabs change colors as selections are made for each race. Players may navigate through multiple entries in a single contest quickly via a drop down menu.
2. If a player has multiple entries for contests with the same schedule, the COPY function is found at the bottom of the ALL PICKS tab, which displays your selections for all contest races.
3. Players DO NOT need to “SAVE” selections in PRO PICKS, once a picks is made (both primary and alt), the pick is automatically registered.
4. Once the contest begins, the right hand part of the interface (which displays the contest schedule prior to the contest starting) will be replaced with a full leaderboard including rank of your own entry(s). The leaderboard will automatically update with players’ picks and results as the contest progresses. This means that you do not need to navigate to other pages of the site to view players’ selections and results.
Players may click on an entry both in the MY ENTRIES section and the actual full leaderboard to view player details for that contest.
5. The race “TABS” on the left will strike-through once events have closed, and also indicate once the event has been scored.
6. Players may navigate to entries in other contests using the main-drop down menu at the top of the page.
A few important notes on using PRO PICKS:
1. Using PRO PICKS on a mobile device is NOT recommended. Many mobile devices are unreliable as to maintaining connections on a browser session, which means results may not update properly.
2. As mentioned, players do NOT need to SAVE picks in the PRO PICKS interface. Once a pick is made, the pick is automatically registered.
3. Note that the display of player selections on leaderboards in a LIVE format contest in PRO PICKS will not directly correspond to the actual closing time of a race, but will display shortly thereafter.
If you experience any problems at all using the PRO PICKS interface, please email us immediately at email@example.com. It is helpful if you can describe your problem in as much detail as possible.
We hope you enjoy this new advanced option.
12% DEPOSIT BONUS*
TODAY ONLY, Tuesday, Aug. 11
Receive 12 percent bonus on any deposit TUESDAY ONLY, AUG. 11
Minimum Deposit Eligible: $25
Maximum Deposit Eligible: $3,000
Example: Deposit $100, receive additional $12 posted to account next morning
Bonus credits will be posted to player accounts overnight, before 8:00 a.m. ET Wednesday, Aug. 12
Deposit must be made by midnight EDT the evening of Tuesday, Aug. 11
*REMINDER: Like any deposit, because HorseTourneys pays fees on deposits, the balance of entire deposit, including bonus applied, must be played in contests at HorseTourneys before funds may be withdrawn. As always, winnings (minus remaining deposit balance, if any) may be withdrawn immediately
We’ve re-tooled the existing “In the Money” format to the more typical elimination-style SURVIVOR format that players are accustomed to.
In the SURVIVOR format, players receive one (1) point per correct Win, Place or Show selection in contest races (regardless of finishing position). Once a player misses on a selection, that entry is eliminated from contention. The player(s) with the most number of correct CONSECUTIVE selections will be win or share the designated prizes. Please note that currently, ALL Survivor contests will be run under the PICK & PRAY format.
Please pay special attention to important points regarding the SURVIVOR format:
(1) Points are awarded for each correct selection in CONSECUTIVE races (in chronological order according to the contest schedule). Because races can sometimes run and be scored out of chronological order, it is important to note that points may be awarded and displayed on the leaderboard for races that finish out of consecutive order (for instance, if the 5th race is scored before the 4th race). Ultimately, prizes are awarded based on the number of successful CONSECUTIVE selections, and the scoring system will update accordingly once all consecutive races have been scored.
(2) If the field size of any race is reduced to where only Win and Place or Win only is paid out through the pari-mutuel pools, only horses that receive those payouts will be considered “in the money” selections for the purposes of this contest and this contest format.
A new mobile site – m.horsetourneys.com – has just launched. If you are using a mobile device, your device will likely point to the mobile site upon visit. If it does not, navigate to m.horsetourneys.com from your device to access the mobile site.
The new site has been designed to make navigating on smaller devices easier, especially when making selections. For the most part, the mobile site operates the same way as the main site, but in a tighter package.
When making picks, players designate their Primary pick by selecting the “Pick” option for the menu when selecting a horse. To designate your Alternate selection, use the “Alt” option when selecting a horse. Selections still must be saved as they must on the full desktop version.
|If you visit the “My Account” section (top right near account balance once logged in), you’ll notice some major improvements to that section, especially relating to your transaction history. This new tracking is effective from October 16 onward. An example of the new transaction history display is below:
Detail is now provided for all of the following:
You may filter by transaction type using the drop-down menu on the upper right of the transaction section. This will be helpful for players especially around tax season if total amount of purchases or deposits is desired:
You may also change details of your account profile (note that email change requests are sent to us via email and must be changed by HorseTourneys administrators).
We hope you find these new features useful; please contact us with any questions.
We’re now accepting Paypal for deposits. The option to deposit with Paypal is included in the drop-down menu under Payment Type on the main Deposit page.
Also note that Paypal may be used to withdraw amounts up to $600. It’s a fast, safe and easy way to withdraw more quickly from your account rather than waiting for a check.
Please note that deposits with Paypal will not register correctly for users using Internet Explorer 7 or earlier. If you have deposited using any of these older browsers and have not seen the credit to your HorseTourneys account, email us for help.
We’ve added race labels with vertical orientation on all Pick & Pray leaderboards moving forward. This improvement makes it easier for players to recognize the proper picks column for each contest event.
PLEASE NOTE: This improvement involves HTML code that is only supported by more recent internet browsers. Older browsers, particularly older versions of Internet Explorer, will not support this feature. If do not see the race labels on a Pick & Pray contest, this likely means that you are using an outdated web browser and should consider upgrading to a newer version.
This improvement should be supported by the following web browsers:
Internet Explorer version 9.0 or greater
Mozilla Firefox version 3.5 or greater
Google Chrome version 4.0 or greater
Safari version 3.2 or greater
We hope you find this improvement useful.